Stutter stepping is a technique that allows you to move faster in short bursts by canceling your auto-attack animation. This is done by pressing the right mouse button twice in quick succession, which will ‘stutter’ your character’s movement. The first press of the right mouse button will start the auto-attack animation, and the second press will cancel it immediately, allowing you to move again.
This technique is most commonly used by melee heroes, as they benefit the most from being able to get in and out of combat quickly. However, stutter stepping can also be used by ranged heroes to kite their enemies or to close the gap on fleeing targets.
HOW TO STUTTER STEP
The first step to learning how to stutter step is to get comfortable with using the right mouse button for your auto-attacks. In most cases, you’ll want to be attacking continuously while moving, so it’s important to get a feel for how your character attacks and moves at the same time.
Once you’re comfortable with using the right mouse button for your auto-attacks, you can start practicing stutter stepping. The key to this technique is timing your attacks and movements correctly so that you cancel the auto-attack animation as soon as possible.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to stutter step:
1. Press the right mouse button to start your auto-attack animation.
2. Immediately after pressing the right mouse button, start moving in the direction you want to go.
3. As soon as your character starts moving, press the right mouse button again to cancel the auto-attack animation.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary.
TIPS FOR STUTTER STEPPING
Here are a few tips to help you master the stutter step technique:
- Practice in training grounds or unranked games before using it in ranked play.
- Pay attention to the animation of your auto-attack and learn how to cancel it as quickly as possible.
- Stutter stepping can be used to kite enemies or to close the gap on fleeing targets.
- Try using stutter stepping in combination with other techniques, like circling around your enemies while attacking them.
- Keep in mind that not all heroes benefit equally from stutter stepping. Some heroes have abilities that allow them to move quickly without canceling their auto-attack animation, so learn when and how to use stutter stepping for each hero.
When you stutter step, you are essentially moving your units back and forth very quickly. This makes it harder for enemy players to target them and hit them with their attacks. To do this, you need to use the right and left mouse buttons to move your units back and forth very quickly.
There are a few things to keep in mind when stutter stepping:
1. You need to be quick. The faster you move your units, the harder it will be for enemies to hit them.
2. You need to be precise. If you are not moving your units back and forth in a straight line, it will be easier for enemies to hit them.
3. You need to practice. The more you practice stutter stepping, the better you will become at it.
Here are a few tips to help you master stutter stepping:
1. Use your minimap. Your minimap is a valuable tool when stutter stepping. It can help you see where enemy players are, and it can also help you plan your moves.
2. Use hotkeys. Hotkeys can help you move your units quickly and efficiently.
3. Be patient. Don’t try to stutter step all the time. Sometimes it is better to stay in one place and let the enemy come to you.
4. Practice, practice, practice. The more you practice stutter stepping, the better you will become at it.
How to stutter step hots
Stutter stepping is a technique that is often used in real-time strategy (RTS) games, and it can be useful in Heroes of the Storm (HotS) as well. The idea behind stutter stepping is to keep your units moving so that they are harder to hit. This guide will teach you how to stutter step in HotS.
Stutter stepping is a technique that can be used to make it harder for enemy players to hit your units. It takes practice to master, but it can be a valuable tool in your arsenal. Use the tips and tricks in this guide to help you become a better stutter stepper, and you’ll be sure to make your enemies rage quit in no time!