Rare skins are special cosmetic items that can be looted during gameplay or purchased through the paid item shop (Fortnite Battle Pass). They do not impact the game play in any way.
These rare outfits may also change your character’s battle appearance, so before you purchase these skins make sure to check their official page for more information about them.
List of Fortnite Uncommon Skins in the Game & Their Rarity Levels
Starting from the most common ones, the least rare skins are in green color. Keep scrolling to see how rare they really are.
Uncommon skins are those that can be found inside the diamond llamas, or as a random drop for completing challenges. Here is a list of all uncommon outfits:
- Omega (Legendary – Outfit)
- Carbide (Epic – Outfit) and Valor (Epic – Wrap)
- Sparkle Supreme (Epic – Glider Skin)
- 2. Epic Skins (Blue)
The following items are not ‘exclusive’ in any way but appear very rarely compared to other outfits – so far these have gray/common rarity level. The only thing that sets them apart from the common items is that they can be found as a random drop for completing challenges.
What are Some Rare Skins in Fortnite
Now let’s get to the good stuff. It is no secret that the rarest skins in Fortnite are found inside ‘golden’ llamas, which are extremely rare loot boxes that contain other cool items along with these outfits.
Here is a list of all the golden llama skins:
- Gold-Plated (Epic – Outfit)
- Dark Vanguard (Epic – Outfit)
- Hand Painted (Epic – Wrap) and Ragnarok (Legendary – Back Bling)
- Swashbuckler (Rare – Glider Skin)
- Whiplash (Rare – Outfit) and Renegade (Rare – Back Bling)
- 1. Legendary Skins (Orange)
Last but certainly not least, the rarest Fortnite skins are legendary outfits that drop from very scarce golden llamas. Here is a complete list of all legendary outfits:
- Raven (Legendary – Outfit)
- Venturion (Legendary – Outfit) and Ragnarok (Legendary – Back Bling)
- Ragnarok (Epic – Back Bling), Black Knight (Epic – Glider Skin), Dark Vanguard (Rare – Outfit) and Drift (Rare – Wrap).
How Much Does it Cost to Buy Rare Fortnite Skins?
You can purchase some of the rare skins using V-Bucks for real money. Here is a list of all the rare outfits that you can purchase for 1,000 V-Bucks (the cheapest way to obtain them):
- Venturion (Epic – Outfit)
- Raven (Legendary – Outfit)
- Renegade (Rare – Back Bling)
- Black Knight (Epic – Glider Skin)
- Dark Vanguard (Rare – Outfit)
- Drift (Rare – Wrap).
NOTE: Some players will be able to get these skin for free because of the popularity system that rewards them with free items like this. It is important to note that V-Buck prices change on a daily basis.
For example, at the time I created this article you could get Black Knight Epic Glider skin for 100 V-Bucks. But if you check the prices right now you will be able to buy it for around 50 V-bucks less.
The 4 Most Important Things You Should Know about How to Get Rare Skins
1. The rarer skins are much more expensive than the common ones
The only free way to purchase them is by using V-bucks, getting jackpot or completing challenges. Before you consider buying anything for real money make sure to read our article on how Fortnite’s microtransactions work .
2. Free skins almost never contain gliders or back blings
3. If you are looking to buy skins with glider and back bling attached – make sure the price is fair (more about that in a second)
4. You can check all these prices in game by opening the shop tab and then browsing through your collections for outfits/back blings/glider skins.
The more you play, the better your chances of getting one of these outfits. You can increase your odds by opening rare llamas or simply by playing for longer periods of time.
If you are looking to buy any of the exclusive skins make sure that you are not paying too much for it. Since these are very rare, some players will attempt to sell them for much higher prices than they are actually worth.
Do you have any questions about Fortnite Skins? Make sure to leave a comment below and I will get back to you with an answer! If you found this article helpful or interesting feel free to share it with your friends.