Discord is one of the most popular chat platforms, with over 12 million users. However, if you are using Windows 10, you might not be able to see your Discord overlay on your desktop. This tutorial will show you how to enable and move the Discord overlay in Windows 10.
The how to move discord overlay is a problem that has been present for a while. Discord has released an update that allows users to enable and move the overlay.
Discord is a popular tool for gamers to interact with one another and their friends. You may exchange text, voice messages, and even speak via audio and video conversations in various servers or your own custom servers using Discord. Overlays are a useful tool in Discord that may be utilized while playing a game. Let’s look at what a Discord overlay is and how to move it around on your desktop.
On Discord, why would you use an overlay? When you’re on a public or custom server with voice chats enabled, it’s much simpler to see and know who you’re speaking with. Your current conversations, incoming and ongoing calls, and other alerts are also shown in the overlay. All of this information is presented in an orderly way without interfering with your gaming. Let’s look at how to activate and move the Discord overlay around on your PC now that we’ve established that it’s a useful feature.
Discord Overlay: How to Enable It
You should have the latest version of Discord installed before we start talking about how to enable and modify the overlay. If not, you can always get the newest version from their official website and install it on your computer. The Discord app for Windows PC is available for free download.
Discord Overlay Enabled
It’s time to activate the Discord overlay now that Discord is up and functioning. To activate the Discord Overlay, follow these instructions.
- After that, go to User Settings in the Discord app. It’ll appear as a gear symbol next to your Discord ID in the bottom left corner.
- Now go down to the Activity Settings heading on the left side. Open the Game Overlay option you’ll see.
- To enable discord overlay, turn the toggle for “Enable in-game overlay” on.
Discord Overlay: How to Move It
Changing the Discord Overlay
It’s time to tweak certain settings and the location of the overlays now that you’ve activated the Discord overlay. A few settings will need to be tweaked in order for everything to be ideal for you.
- The option to manually activate the Discord Overlay is located next to the toggle. You may do this by creating your own keyboard shortcut. This is very simple to modify.
- You may now adjust the avatar’s size as well. When you or someone else is conversing on the voice channel, the avatar appears. There are two sizes available: big and small.
- The names of the individuals may then be shown. You have the option of selecting Always, While Speaking, or Never.
- You also have the option of displaying or not displaying the active users.
- After that, you’ll be able to choose the corner you want the Discord overlay to appear in. You have the option of selecting the right or left corner of your screen.
- Simply choose the middle option if you don’t want anything. It will turn off the overlay screen completely.
- Finally, you’ll be able to choose whether or not to see Text Chat alerts. You have the choice to activate or disable the feature.
Now that you’ve enabled and customized the Discord Overlay feature, you’ll need to set it to show automatically whenever Discord is running in the background while you’re playing a game.
Including a Games Activity
- Scroll down to the Activity Status option in the User Settings box on the left.
- After that, you’ll want to turn on the toggle that shows the Activity Status notification.
- Now you must join Discord and add the games. It should be able to recognize the games you have installed on your computer automatically.
- If the games are not recognized, you may add them to Discord by clicking the Add It! button.
- When the game is running in the background with Discord enabled, the Discord Overlay will appear.
Things should be OK now that you know how to activate and move Discord Overlay. However, you should be aware that not all games will be recognized by Discord when you open the Discord Overlay. This should not be an issue since you may manually add games.
You may also opt to pin a chat screen from a server while using the Discord Overlay by simply clicking on the chat and choosing the pin button. As a result, you’ll be able to view and engage with the conversation during your game. When you just have a single screen system, Discord’s overlay is very helpful. The Discord overlay is unnecessary for people who have multiple displays.
Guide to Discord:
The discord overlay not working is a problem that many people have been experiencing. In this article, I will teach you how to enable and move the Discord Overlay in Windows.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I move my Discord overlay?
There are two ways to move your Discord overlay. You can either use the keyboard or mouse.
How do I enable overlay in Discord Windows?
To enable overlay in Discord, go to your settings and click on the Audio tab. Then select Enable Overlay from the drop-down menu.
How do I enable overlay Discord in Windows 10?
To enable overlay Discord in Windows 10, open the settings menu and go to System and Security then select Privacy and click on Personalization. From there you can switch the setting from off to on.