Introduction: What is Vanilla Minecraft?
The term “vanilla” – it has a few definitions. It can mean an original state, unaltered and uncut – or nothing at all.
When we talk about Minecraft, it’s the latter: the purest form of Minecraft is just me and my computer and survival on our own terms. There are no mods to make up for the lack of features, and there’s nothing to add on. There is no goal or achievement; we’re simply here and surviving like cavemen, if you will.
How to Get Vanilla Minecraft
1. Get an account on minecraft.net (Note: You can now play vanilla Minecraft for free here!)
2. Use a pixel graphics pack to change the look of your game.
3. Get Minecraft Classic instead, which was designed to be like the original version of Minecraft before it got updated regularly. It includes all of the features you would expect, albeit rather primitive ones!
Playing Vanilla Minecraft In a Nutshell
In vanilla Minecraft, your character does not automatically regenerate health over time – unless you’re in a bed. You can craft anything like normal, and you get resources by destroying certain blocks.
You can also respawn and the world regenerates around you after death, but we’ll get into that in a bit.
Why Use Vanilla Minecraft Over Mods?
Mods add content to the game, which means they change it up quite a bit – and might not always play the same. For example, there are mods that allow you to fly or even walk underwater.
When you use a mod’s features, it changes the game itself – this is where vanilla Minecraft comes in. When you use vanilla Minecraft instead of mods for your world-building adventure, it plays out exactly as you would expect without any of the bells and whistles.
Mods can be great, but vanilla Minecraft is just clean and simple 100% of the time.
How to Play Vanilla Minecraft: A Quick Guide for Beginners
1. Find a server or make your own! If you’d like some company, head over to our forums and we’ll help you out.
2. When you’re ready to get started, simply download the Minecraft launcher and hit play!
3. Get a good night’s rest… since in vanilla Minecraft there is no regenerative health, a monster could be lurking around every corner. If you die in vanilla Minecraft, you have to start from scratch with nothing but your bare hands.
4. Find dirt and punch it until you get stone, craft a pickaxe and mine your first ore!
5. When night falls, do your best to stay alive by hiding in a cave or staying near your base – because this is when all the baddies come out to play…
The Different Ways You Can Download the Game
There are a few different ways you can download the game, but here are some of the more common ones:
1. Minecraft.net for Windows Computers – this is the official launcher that runs on Windows computers.
2. Minecraft Realms for PC – since vanilla servers aren’t completely customizable, sometimes you need to find someone who will host the type of game you want to play. Realms specializes in this by allowing for anyone to customize the server you play on, so what you get is exactly what you want – it’s vanilla Minecraft, but hosted with your friends.
3. Minecraft Realms For Mobile – if your friend doesn’t have a computer or prefers mobile over PC, then we’ve got you covered! You can now play with your friends on iOS and Android devices.
4. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition – the XBox version is one of the most accessible ways to play Minecraft with your friends. It’s a paid service, but worth it if you don’t want to configure mods or host anything yourself.
5. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition – the PS3 version is also a paid service, and you’ll need to install it on both your console and computer to access your saved games.
6. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition – again, another paid service that gives you access to everything on consoles as well as some exclusive skins!
All of these different ways to play vanilla Minecraft are great, and they all have their own benefits. Do your research, find out what you can use or where you want to go, and enjoy the game!
DIY Guide: How To Disassemble The Xbox One S
5 Tips For Creating The Perfect Gaming Space
Learn How To Boot People Offline Xbox